About the AmberCon NW Venue
AmberCon Northwest returns for its sixteenth year to the McMenamins Edgefield Bed and Breakfast Resort in Troutdale 15 minutes from the Portland airport. This superb hotel complex includes a spa, three pubs, a fine-dining restaurant, movie theatre, wine tasting room, on-site brewery and distillery, golf course, and comfortably furnished game and accommodation rooms -- all decorated by local Northwest artists. Please visit the Edgefield web site to see photos of the estate, read the wine lists and menus, or investigate the history of this Oregon landmark.
To make a room reservation for your stay at AmberCon NW please complete our Registration Form. Do not make reservations directly with the hotel. A summary of the room types and the current prices is located on the Registration Form.
Note: "bed & breakfast style" means that many of the rooms at the Edgefield are served by separate but private bathrooms on the halls, though some rooms have been updated to include en suite facilities.
The Administrator's lodge is a lovely, separate house beside the main lodge. In addition to queen, king, and double queen rooms it also includes a fantastic living-room space for gaming.
Each year AmberCon Northwest completely takes over this wing of the hotel. Almost all of the Winery Wing rooms have now been converted to Queen, King, and Double Queen suites with en-suite bath facilities.
"Gaming Room" Discount!
Several Double Queens, Double Queen Suites, Kings, and King Suites have been reserved by the convention for game play. If you book space in these rooms the convention will contribute $30 per night on Thurs-Sun towards the cost.
The least expensive rooming option at Edgefield is to book a bunk space in their hostel-style rooms. A bunk space and locker in these rooms is $30 per night.
Prices are set by the hotel. They are subject to change before the convention fixes them in October, 2017.
To make room reservations for AmberCon NW, use our Registration Form; please do not register directly with the hotel.
McMenamins adds a $15 charge for each person over 2 in room. Price shown does not include 13.45% hotel tax.
Rooms with bath facilities "down the hall" bed & breakfast style
Note that there are only 4 Twin rooms in the entire hotel; if you are flexible about your accommodation, please let us know so that someone with less flexibility can get first chance at these rooms. Aside from this, accommodation will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. When registering, please let us know your second choice in case your first choice is not available.
- Twin -- one twin bed. $50 / night Sun-Thurs; $60 / night Fri, Sat. Maximum 1 person
- Queen -- one queen bed. $90 / night Sun-Thurs; $110 / night Fri, Sat. Maximum 2 people
- King -- one king bed. $100 / night Sun-Thurs; $120 / night Fri, Sat. Maximum 3 people with rollaway
- Double Queen -- two queen beds. $100 / night Sun-Thurs; $120 / night Fri, Sat. Maximum 4 people
- Hostel Room -- a bunk bed space and locker in shared, single-sex room. $30 / person / night. Sleeps up to twelve
- FAMILY -- There is also one third-floor "Family" room -- one queen bed + 4 bunk beds. Please contact Simone for booking. $170 / night Sun-Thurs; $190 / night Fri, Sat. Maximum 6 people
Rooms with en-suite bath facilities
- Queen Suite. $140 / night Sun-Thurs; $160 / night Fri, Sat. Maximum 2 people
- King Suite. $150 / night Sun-Thurs; $170 / night Fri, Sat. Maximum 3 people with rollaway
* Game Rooms: These are suites reserved for game play and the listed price includes a $30 discount from ACNW for gaming nights. Be advised that while we will do our best to make sure that the rooms are used for games you are actually in, in exchange for the discount the game space will be scheduled at the discretion of the organizers.
- Gaming* King -- one king bed (minimum Thurs-Mon stay). $100 / night Wed; $70 / night Thu*, Sun*; $90 / night Fri*, Sat* Maximum 2 people
- Gaming* Double Queen -- two queen beds (minimum Thurs-Mon stay). $100 / night Wed; $70 / night Thu*, Sun*; $90 / night Fri*, Sat* Maximum 4 people
- Gaming* King Suite (minimum Thurs-Mon stay). $150 / night Wed; $120 / night Thu*, Sun*; $140 / night Fri*, Sat* Maximum of 2 people
- Gaming* Double Queen Suite (minimum Thurs-Mon stay). $150 / night Wed; $120 / night Thu*, Sun*; $140 / night Fri*, Sat* Maximum of 4 people
* Prices in red indicate the reduced rate offered by the convention on those nights. This rate does not apply outside of the time of the convention.